After another 6 months on my quest to create the worlds best tool for exploring, validating, debugging and editing Excel formulas I have made Explorer Pro Beta 4.2 build 418.796 available. Hopefully this will be the final Beta!
The improvements are too numerous to cover in detail but come under these headings:
Improved Functionality Includes:
- Full support for Dynamic Ranges, Linked Data Types and Rich Data Type Field expressions.
- Integration with Name Manager Pro to explore and debug Named Formulas.
- Explore Data Validation formulas, Conditional Format Formulas as well as cell formulas.
- Support for formulas in 91 languages (thanks to Mourad Louha).
- Resolved many Mac Excel issues.
- Lots of bug fixes!
User Interface Cleanup
The previous user interface tried to present too much information
So I simplified, de-cluttered and made it more intuitive.
See my previous post on Explorer Pro for a comparison
Profiling the code showed several areas that could be significantly improved. Some expensive operations such as coloring large precedent ranges are now optional.
Try it out yourself!
Watch the video Explorer 4.2 Overview
This build expires on the 31st of March 2019